Monday, August 31, 2009

What an Amazing Day!

Saturday, August 22nd was such a fun day!!! I travelled from Kingston to Stamping Bella in Thornhill, Ontario to FINALLY meet my on-line stamping buddies, Pauline (L) & Linda (R).

Actually Linda gave a Copic Class which was better then fantastic! I seriously learned some great tips & tricks and had a lot of those "Ahhhhh....that's-how-she-does-it-moments". I wish I had more time to sit and have a coffee/chat with these girls, but it was a very full class and a very busy day. Lots to learn & lots to shop for... I mean, we were at Stamping Bella headquarters after all!!

I have been practicing quite a bit since I've been home - but nothing has made it into a completed card yet. Instead I have dozens of little coloured images just waiting to get layered, nested, blinged & Bella'd.

A special thank you to my Mother & brother for coming with me for the long drive each way. You guys were great company and I haven't laughed that hard in ages!!

So hopefully I will be back soon with some finished cards! I know I've been MIA... thanks for checking in!!!

7 comments:

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Oh, how happy you look! I so wish I could have been with you all! It's a little far to swim tho - will have to be content with waving madly and commenting on your blog!! Can't wait to see the new Copic images you have done- bet they are awesome. Mine still aren't here but I'll let you know when they arrive :)
{{{Hugs!}}}

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hey Carla, looks like you gals had lots of fun!!! I am looking forward to seeing the final cards that you are working on. Missed your postings, my friend!! :D:D:D Hugs, Sabrina

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Awwwwm, man, I'm SOOOOOOOO envious of those to girls, getting to spend the afternoon with you!!! Glad you had a fun trip!! =)

LindaH said...

YA...i missed out on having a chat and a coffee too! glad you picked up some tricks and tips and a little birdie named Pauline told me about the DOZEN or TWO images you colored up. WHERE do you find the time! OMG!

Tammi said...

Fun!! I'd love to see how she colors, she's amazing!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, meet-ups with stampers is so much fun!

Michele Boyer said...

HOW FUN!!!! (And yes, I'm jealous...lol)