Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Plain or Not Too Plain?

I've had a hankerin lately to do something in vanilla & white.  Too bad I didn't have a wedding to attend on the horizon... so instead I decided in the end to go with a birthday theme.


I had fun working with the different Spellbinder & MFT dies, but honestly I was really wanting to add some colour.  I snuck a yellow rose in at the end just to add a focal point because the whole thing was just putting me to sleep!!  Maybe it's just too "wedding-ish" ??  I dunno...I've seen others do the white/vanilla theme and my jaw drops.  But I may try it again with some COLOUR.

Here's the inside.........(caution:  ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz's ahead)


I used a mixture of pearls & brads with some sheer ribbon.  Stamps are from Just Rite.  Along with the SB & MFT dies, I used a MS punch at the bottom along with an embossing folder.  A little machine stitching finished it off.   And a long nap finished me off. 

3 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous!! Love the soft color palette and dies!! WOW!! Not plain at all. Perfection!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Carla! and no it's not to plain. Love this colour combo. Very elegant. You are most definitely the Queen of Dies.

Stampin' Granny said...

Carla, I don't think this is too plain at all!! It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL and really elegant!