Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'M BACK!!! YAHOOO!!

So, didcha miss me?!! LOL!! Well I haven't been in blog-world for the past 3 weeks because I had something really weird happen. Woke up one morning without vision in my right eye. Scared the pants off me! Anyway after a trip to the hospital (... with my pants by the way...) I had learned that it was a fairly thick cataract and could be fixed with surgery. Whew!! It's very odd for a cataract to come on so suddenly - but it's all fixed now. Actually I was on the surgery table only 3 hours ago and now I'm blogging a couple of Kimmie Christmas cards... couldn't have turned out any better if you ask me!! (can you tell how thrilled I am..........?!!). So onto a couple of Kimmie cards that I've made a while ago.........


I love the playfulness of these Kimmie Stamps. In common for both... they are colored with copics, the Cuttlebug snowflake die & matching embossing folder was used along with a little machine stitching.

Wish I could remember those papers.... let me think.....I know the top one is Basic Grey eskimo kisses, but the bottom one is either Basic Grey or Pink Paislee.

Well off I go... "I can see clearly now... the rain has gone....!!" (Okay... this super cheerful mood has got to go - I'm even annoying myself.)

Stamps: Kraftin Kimmie Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery & Basic Grey eskimo kisses Assessories: SU! gr/grain Bashful Blue ribbon, blue silk ribbon, diamond dots, glitter, brads Tools: Cuttlebug snowflake, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spellbinders Nestibilities, MS snowflake punch Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

7 comments:

Vicki G said...

Love your cheerful mood! Love your cards too Carla!!!! Clara is just perfect!!!!

Glad to hear the lights are on again!!

hUGS

Vicki

Gabriela said...

Woo-Hoo! You've got your eyesight back! Congratulations. How many fingers am I holding up? (BTW, I love your Kimmie cards. You're quite the artiste).

Sherry Cheever said...

Whoa I wondered where you had been! Thank goodness all is well and you are doing okay. Don't ever disappear like that again without telling me. (hehe)

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness, I am glad you are ok, what an ordeal! Your Cards as usual are devine!

I will be at Bob and Roses from Dec 24th til Dec 26th, I know its a busy time but you never know we may get to meet in person yet!

My club is running our 2nd retreat in June so maybe you can take a road trip, hit bella on the way, and join us. The retreat in Nov was a blast, and such a sucess we are almost fully booked for June already!

Merry Christmas, Kelli

Silli said...

Carla, both cards are so cute... Hugs Silke

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hello my friend, I am s happy to see that all went well with the eye surgery!!!! Oh, don't stop being so cheerful....it is good for ya!!!! Love your cards and let me tell you, your coloring is out of this world amazing. Sending you BIG {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} my friend, Sabrina

Tammi said...

OMGosh that would be scary, I can't even imagine...so glad they could fix it though! (hugs) As you can see I haven't been to your blog in awhile either, I started my blog break Dec 9th...took a bit of a long one! ;) These cards are adorable, I've been meaning to get a few of these stamps, just haven't done it yet...love what you made with them!