Saturday, February 12, 2011

Thank You

My brother asked me to make a card for my parents expressing his gratitude for all they have done for him.  This was for the eve of his wedding, so this is what I came up with. 


For some reason, the lighting on this picture is terrible... AND there's no colour - so you'll need to squint!  I started out wanting to do something with white & cream monotone, but stumbled across Sahara Sand (the cardstock... not the desert...) when reaching for Very Vanilla (the cardstock... not the icecream). 

I decided to try and "channel" (LOL!) Becca Fekken and her lovely flowy flourishy (are those real words?) style... so how I did this without ribbon I'll never know.


Sentiments inside and out are both from Verve (because they rock!).  I propted the inside message up with dimensionals and added a bit of Always Artichoke to the leaves when inking. 

And last but certainly not least, I don't think my brother would mind me posting a picture of him and his new bride.  I think they're such a cute couple and pretty picgtures can only improve my blog - right??  lol

Happy Saturday y'all!!

1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Your brother David and his bride Shelly look so beautiful - goodness I love their scenic tropical wedding. Your card is perfect! Understated, elegant, and masculine. You amaze me.