Sunday, March 20, 2011

A New Artist on the Stamping Scene???

Must show you some new art work made by the daughter of my dear friend Gabriela (Gabi with an Eye).  She's multi-talented in many areas... piano, swimming... the list goes on!... but she also loves to draw (especially cats!!).  My siamese cat Bailey (who incidently will be 20 years old in November)... was an unknown subject for Madisen and I was thrilled to see what she had drawn.  I immediately made a card for her using her image:
I didn't even have to colour it - she did that as well!!  So as you can see my little Bailey-miester is at the far right with a very "I'm not so sure about you two" look on his face.  So she even captured his personality!! 

Here's the inside:
Because I made this card for Madisen to surprise her with her own artwork in a card... I wanted to put a personal message for her on the inside, "You're destined for greatness" just about sums it up for this amazing young teenager.

Now I learn this morning that her Mum Gabriela has created several cards using this image as well.  You must check them out here!!  And of course you should visit Madisen herself here!!  (Be sure to also see her animations as well - unbelieveable!)

It was fun sharing this today - hope you all enjoying your weekend.  We have beautiful sun shining days here in Kingston and no more snow!!  Wishing you the same. 

5 comments:

Sissy Faulkner said...

Hi!
I love the work that this young artist did and the card you put together. Please encourage her to continue... I am a digi stamper and I'm always hunting for new digis to use in my cards.

Gabriela said...

Carla - thank you for dedicating an entire blog post to Madisen's hand drawn and colored image. Your card is fantastic and the whole family admires it each time walk past it. It resides on the mantle as a place of honor.

Stealthy said...

Wow! Thank you Miss. Carla! It's such an honor to be on your blog and with my artwork! :)

Pauline said...

Carla, this is beautiful. Madisen did an amazing job drawing these kittens, and to draw Bailey into the picture. You did a wonderful job showcasing her drawing. Love the colours and layout.

Dianne said...

I love this card. I am an animal lover and always looking for different images.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/