Monday, March 28, 2011

Kind Words...

Hey all!!  Well I finally got a new card done.  I've been very busy at work lately and have had no energy left at the end of the day, but today I had a card request so I got right to it!


Made this for my friend to send to the hospital staff in Newfoundland to say thank you for their special care of her father while they look ed after him for a year (he's now gone to a home).  I chose this sentiment from Verve (and the one on the inside too...).


I distress all the edges and used the MFT dizzy border & rolled rose dies to pretty it up.  Hard to see, but I also added a small piece of dark brown felt behind the sentiment.

That's it for me.  Just a flying visit!!  Must get ready for work in the morning.  Night all!

11 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful Carla! You sure have a way of putting these cards together.

Connie B. said...

What a gorgeous card I love all the elements especially the pine cone. The colors are lovely.. Great job.

Dianne said...

Gorgeous card! The sentiment is wonderful.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hey girl, good to see you crafting :D!! I absolutely LOVE this card. What kind of punch did you use for that border? It is AWESOME!!! Sending you hugs, Sabrina

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

That card is amazing, Carla. One day I must try to make a card your way :) There are so many layers of interest! I think your friend would have been very happy with her special card.

Vicki G said...

Carla, this is stunning lady!

Hugs

Vicki

Stampin' Granny said...

Another super STUNNING card, Carla! I love all the details you add, always just the right touch. (I really have to get that punch!)
{{hugs}}

Barbara said...

Very beautiful card. This has been a great blog hop.

Fernanda said...

pleeeeeeeeeeeeeez I NEED to know where u got that border on the outside of your card -it is to die for!lol

Carla Murphy said...

Hi Fernanda - I looked for a way to contact you through your blog, but wasn't able to. Hope you check back here for the answer. The border die on this card is from My Favorite Things and it's called "dizzy border". I'll try and include the link: https://www.mftstamps.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=58&products_id=1148
(I was worried with all the tiny holes that it wouldn't cut very well, but it actually cuts beautifully!)

Fernanda said...

Thanks so much Carla for the on the die-I MUST get it-especially after seeing your gorgeous card and how you incorporated it. Sorry but I do not have a blog as of yet-will try to work on that. Thank you again and keep up the beautiful work!