Sunday, July 29, 2012

You're How Old?

Hello Oskar!  There are SO MANY sentiments and ways in which to use dear old Oskar by Mo Manning.  I used a sentiment from Create with TLC on the front and then just typed & printed a funny quote for the inside.  I always save funny cards that people give me in case I want to use the wording myself later.


Since this is a masculine card... I couldn't add anything in the way of cutzie, pink, lacy or pearly... I propped up both center portions to give it a bit of dimension:


And here's the inside:


This card is for my brother-in-law, who is only in his early 40's (and younger then me!) but I love to tease him every chance I get.  Why not, right?!  LOL

SUPPLIES USED:


Stamps:
Mo Manning, Create with TLC

Paper:
Bella's Bestest paper, MME "Quite Contrary", SU Close to Cocoa & River Rock

Dies:
Spellbinders... rectangle

Copics:
E50,E51, E53, E55, E57
YG11, YG25, G99
BG0000, BG000


Extras:
Linen thread, SU! corduroy button, sewing machine


Hope you're enjoying the weekend!  We're having beautiful weather here in Kingston, Ontario... now that my crafting is done I'm off out to enjoy!
 
Till next time,
Carla.

3 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh love this Carla! Great 'guy' card! Love the saying.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Ha ha! Love it. Your poor 'old' brother-in-law.

That image is really cute. I like how you shaded the middle background more than anywhere else. It gives the image a lot of depth. That's clever!

Have a wonderful day.

Gabriela said...

Your card is a hoot! Well, the image and various sentiments are a hoot. Love the corduroy button. Your BIL is going to love the card. Hoping his birthday is a happy one.